Mr. A. D. Palmer to play the Old Course.


The legendary American golfer Mr. Arnold Palmer is to play the Old Course, St. Andrews, on Thursday 7th May in what will be his 80th year.


Mr. Palmer will be playing in the annual Spring Meeting of the Royal & Ancient Golf Club (R&A) which begins on the Old Course on Monday morning. His playing partners are the current Captain of the R&A Mr. H. Ritchie and five time British Amateur Champion Mr. M. Bonnalack.

Unfortunately I am not caddying for Mr. Palmer (drats!) but my good friend 'Eck' has been given the honour of following in the footsteps of the revered St. Andrean caddy Tip Anderson who caddied for Mr. Palmer over 40 years when he played in Great Britain. Together they won numerous events along with two back to back Open Championships in 1961 / 62. When I asked 'Eck' what he was hoping from the round he replied " As long as I get him over the bloody Swilcan Burn & on the green I'll be delighted"!

I shall naturally be in position to see the group tee off the first and would like to watch a few holes if my caddy services are not required for one of the other matches being played that day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

St Andrews Winter Golf

The St. Andrews Town Match 2013

Cruden Bay Golf Club