Castle Course, St. Andrews


I thought you, my dear reader, may like to view some photographs that I managed to snap on a few holes of the Castle Course at St. Andrews which was opened in 2008.

As you will see it was an incredibly windy day with up to +50mph winds with gusts of 60mph!
It is a wonder the flags stayed in the holes.

The 9th green appears to be suspended over St. Andrews Bay.


The intimidating Par3 17th tee. There is a bail out towards the left bunker.


The Par3 17th green and the ravine you have taken on!


LB making sure the 17th flag remains in the cup.


Posted by PicasaThe approach to the Par5 18th green of the Castle Course.


Comments

Joe Welsh said…
John - I know the Castle is not a favorite of the locals (as explained to me again and again on my month in Scotland last summer), but I for one thought it was a great course, although admit some of the greens can tend to unfair on all but the best of approaches... a fact I easily overlook to take in the great views... I played it twice when I was there and loved it!
Hope all is well!
Joe
Hey Joe,

I also like the Castle Course but I do admit that a few of the greens are simply unfair and can ruin the overall experience for the 'one time' visitor.

All is well here and I hope that you & the family have a super Christmas back at home!

Cheers, John.

Popular posts from this blog

St Andrews Winter Golf

The St. Andrews Town Match 2013

Cruden Bay Golf Club