Tuesday 2nd March


A milestone is reached on Tuesday as I hit the grand old age of 50. I was tooting along quite nicely, oblivious to the ravages of time and believing that my forties still had some distance to go. Bam! The number 5 now prefaces all others. Ah well, just get on and enjoy this year as much as I loved the last one, the one before and before that...

The caddie season at the links of St. Andrews is, officially, only 4 weeks away and I'm pretty sure Spring is almost upon us (ever the optimist) which should mean some warmer weather and perhaps the opportunity to play some golf. This winter did seem to begin early and has certainly outlasted it's welcome so come on the month of March be good to us.

On that bloody bridge!

The intention was to have a round of golf on the Tuesday with my good friend Andy down the west coast at Dundonald Links or Glasgow Gailes but unfortunately work commitments have curtailed this and we've postponed the golf until a week on Friday.

9th green, Dundonald Links, Ayrshire


Tomorrows weather forecast is for clear blue skies, sunshine and temperatures around 6'C so a wee knock around the local course will suffice. It'll be my last game at Clober GC on my 'temporary 6 month membership' as I will not be taking up the offer of full membership this year. The choice was a no-brainer as I have been accepted onto the revised list for a St. Andrews Links Ticket which would give me access to the Old, New, Jubilee, Eden and Castle courses.  There is a slight chance that the Links Ticket may come through during April so spending over 500 pounds at Clober is out of the question.

Bizarrely I got offered a membership at Balfron Golf Society, a lovely course situated 8 miles away with views across to the hills surrounding Loch Lomond and those of the Trossachs. You go years without any golf membership and then three roll along within a couple of months.

Comments

Joe Welsh said…
happy birthday john... hope the links ticket comes through... has to be the best golf deal on the planet!
If not this year Joe then should be a shoo in for 2011. Yeehaaaa!

Popular posts from this blog

St Andrews Winter Golf

Cruden Bay Golf Club

The St. Andrews Town Match 2013