April 2011, St. Andrews.


Looking forward to returning to St. Andrews this weekend and experiencing some old familiar haunts that were last seen in November of 2010, which seems an age ago especially after the extreme winter that Scotland went through.

St. Andrews Caddie Pavilion...my 2nd home!

Swilken Burn protecting the 1st green Old Course

I have been informed that I will be able to pick up my 'Yearly Ticket' for golf on all the St. Andrews links courses tomorrow. I have been patiently waiting for this opportunity since 2005...so frustrating caddying upon the Old/New/Jubilee/Eden/Castle golf courses over the season knowing that you will only ever be able to play them once, if at all during that year. 

 The Dunvegan Bar, a favourite.

 A local on the course.

I did have the 'Yearly Ticket' for three years but mistakenly gave it up when I moved away from the town. Nobody informed me that I could transfer it to an 'outside' category and I did not have the where-with-all at the time to request such. Duh! 

Granny Clark's Wynd crossing the 1st & 18th Old Course.

The weather is set fair for the weekend and LB and I are ready for opening 'Hamilton House' and then the continuation of our year long Match Play competition, which currently stands at 'All Square'after LB slaughtered me last weekend 8&7.  (I sort of forgot to write up this match report).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

St Andrews Winter Golf

The St. Andrews Town Match 2013

Cruden Bay Golf Club