Alfred Dunhill Practice Day

I drive my wee 2 door VW Golf, bought in late 2001, which has now done an astonishing 233,300 miles, into St. Andrews to pick up HK, my long time golfer from San Francisco. We are heading over to the Carnoustie Championship course for a practice round as we are participating in the European Tour's Dunhill Links Championship event.

Old Course 07:20am 
When I meet HK at the appointed time of 07:30am and place his clubs in the trunk of my old VW, he informs me that we have a second golfer (friend) to pick up at the Old Course Hotel. The golfer is the former VP, Dan Quayle.

This was all beginning to become rather surreal. This is just a small VW Golf (sic) transporting a couple of golfers to Carnoustie. Simple journey...Fore!

1st Tee at Carnoustie Championshi
We arrive, we play golf on Carnoustie, one of Scotland's greatest golf links, we depart and journey back to St. Andrews. It was a good day of links golf with HK, who played really well, and my new pal Dan...





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

St Andrews Winter Golf

The St. Andrews Town Match 2013

Cruden Bay Golf Club