Old Tom Morris Golf Book

2016, a New Year, and the beginning of a new golf book about St Andrews. This time it is one that I purchased rather than have it thrust upon me by a well meaning relative, one I have been meaning to read for quite some time 'Tom Morris of St Andrews, The Colossus of Golf 1821 - 1908'.
Published 5 years ago it has been given an astounding amount of accolades for the depth of research and warmth of writing that has made it such easy reading for the everyday golfer who likes a good book about the origins of golf.
I took a walk down and around St Andrews ancient Cathedral and graveyard at the end of 2015 paying my respects to the Old Tom Morris family.
Perhaps this was the catalyst to purchase and begin reading the biography of the grand Old Man of Golf.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

St Andrews Winter Golf

The St. Andrews Town Match 2013

Cruden Bay Golf Club