Winter Golf Old Course St Andrews

We met at the Old Course St Andrews Starter's hut for our tee time at 9:40am. There was a wee discussion about the weather which was rather damp. Was it going to relent? Was it going to get worse? Did we want to golf?


In my opinion we have an Old Course tee time that many would love to have and we should just get on to the course and golf! So after a pep talk with my 'enthusiastic' golfing partners we prepared to play. The light drizzle continued through to the 8th hole then stopped.


The second of my golf matches with LB was on. This is an all year competition with LB getting 20 shots, the difference between our current handicaps. I am an 8 and she 28. I got slaughtered. 3 down at the turn LB did not ease up and never gave me any real hope of pulling back the ever increasing deficit, closing out the match 5 & 4 on the 14th green.


Obviously we played in from there with LB continuing to golf well on the legendary Old Course while I golfed indifferently. I believe this was LB's best score over the Old Course and I will have to find more consistency, cut out the daft bogey golf, if I am going to compete with her this year!


The sun never shone though yesterday and it did remain a little murky as the above photo of Alan, playing a great shot from the Road hole bunker to 6 feet, shows. A well deserved pint of lager in the welcoming Ham's Hame pub situated behind the 18th green was enjoyed as we reflected and congratulated LB on her round of golf.

Golf bags emptied and drying off at home.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

St Andrews Winter Golf

The St. Andrews Town Match 2013

Cruden Bay Golf Club